Let's jump right in to what might be my next huge, embarrassing failure! I'm curious to see if any of the things on this list shock or surprise you...
1. I run on Bigelow tea. (No coffee, ever.) Spiced Chai, Eggnogg'n and Pumpkin Spice are my faves.
2. My calico is a rescue kitty. When the shelter worker put her in my arms, I almost didn't want her because she was the runt of the litter and scraggly and skinny and barely had any fur. Now she is my sun and moon and practically attached to me at the hip. It goes to show you that you really shouldn't judge a book by its cover.
3. I'm child-free by choice and have never regretted my decision to not have children.
4. I met my hubby on a blind date right after I graduated from high school. We got married a few months later and have been together ever since. That was over two decades ago. Btw, all the people who said we were too young to get married are all divorced now. True story.
5. I'm a cheap date. Feed me frozen pizza and plug in a Sly movie and I'm as happy as a seagull with a French fry.
6. I believe people can change for the better. But, unfortunately, most of them choose not to. Broadening your horizons and educating yourself is essential for personal growth and having an open mind.
7. My all-time favorite bird is a Great Blue Heron. Fun Fact 7a: I have a birding blog where I can post all the photos of Blues that I want because I just can't get enough of their beauty.
8. I prefer cloudy days over sunshiney ones. Clouds are more interesting to me (especially when taking bird and nature photos) than clear skies. You can't go wrong with a few big, puffy clouds bobbin' their way across the sky!
9. Growing up, when I lived in southern California, I used to vacation in Newport Beach. (No, it wasn't as pretentious as it sounds. We stayed in a tiny above-garage apartment.) Now I live in northern California where we call the beach "the coast."
10. I moved around a lot as a kid and went to eight different schools. Although it might provide a plethora of writing inspiration, always being the new kid sucks donkey balls.
*Bonus Fun Fact that will probably get me a few boos and hisses:
I'd take Kevin James or Patton Oswalt over Channing Tatum and Chris Hemsworth any day. Just sayin'.
So, there ya have it. Not only do I bare my heart and soul onto the pages of my books, but I also give you reason to hate me right here on my own blog. Hey, maybe there are others like me who prefer funny teddy bears over rock-hard muscles and flexing biceps. And six-pack abs and all that male yummy goodness that you can imagine running your hands and tongue over, up and down...
Wait, what was I saying again? Oh, right. I guess I'm a big fraud. Sometimes I like to post crazy, off-the-wall things to see if anyone is actually paying attention.
Don't hate me 'cause I'm honest,
Post a Comment